Bruins enter third period tied with Sabres
|03.10.11 at 8:44 pm ET|
The Bruins gave up a two-goal lead in the second period, and they head to the third period tied with the Sabres, 2-2.
The Sabres would tie the game on a Thomas Vanek power-play goal. Tim Thomas made the initial save, but in trying to make sure he had it secured saw it slowly glide into the net.
There were five minor penalties between the two teams in the period, with the B’s killing off a 5-on-3. There were two fights in the final minutes of the period, as Adam McQuaid fought an even bout with Paul Gaustad, while Milan Lucic fought Cody McCormick for McCormick’s second fight of the night.
Zdeno Chara was called for a debatable boarding call, as he shoved Steve Montador in the circle and saw the momentum take his former teammate into the boards after the spill.
The Sabres are outshooting the B’s, 33-22.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara