Bruins enter third period tied with Sabres
|03.10.11 at 8:44 pm ET|
The Bruins gave up a two-goal lead in the second period, and they head to the third period tied with the Sabres, 2-2.
Mark Recchi scored his 12th goal of the season on a play created by a pinching Zdeno Chara at 11:26. Twenty-seven seconds later, Tyler Ennis would make it 2-1 as Recchi’s goal was being announced.
The Sabres would tie the game on a Thomas Vanek power-play goal. Tim Thomas made the initial save, but in trying to make sure he had it secured saw it slowly glide into the net.
There were five minor penalties between the two teams in the period, with the B’s killing off a 5-on-3. There were two fights in the final minutes of the period, as Adam McQuaid fought an even bout with Paul Gaustad, while Milan Lucic fought Cody McCormick for McCormick’s second fight of the night.
Zdeno Chara was called for a debatable boarding call, as he shoved Steve Montador in the circle and saw the momentum take his former teammate into the boards after the spill.
The Sabres are outshooting the B’s, 33-22.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5