Video: Brad Marchand’s hit on R.J. Umberger
|03.16.11 at 9:59 am ET|
People aren’t too happy about Brad Marchand‘s hit on R.J. Umberger in the second period of Tuesday night’s 3-2 shootout win. Some are even wondering whether Marchand could face discipline despite not being called for a penalty. Take a look.
In the day and age of Rule 48, it’s no wonder such a hit is being scrutinized by fans. It falls right in line with the penalty, even if it wasn’t called:
48.1 Illegal Check to the Head ‘ A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted.
‘I haven’t seen it, but I’ve heard he might have left his feet with an elbow,’ Umberger said, according to Puck-Rakers. ‘That’s what it felt like. … You’ve got to think that’s one of the hits we are trying to eliminate, whether it’s inadvertent or not.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara