Milan Lucic once again celebrates a milestone in style
|03.22.11 at 11:54 pm ET|
What’s a Milan Lucic milestone without interesting postgame attire?
After recording his 30th goal of the season Tuesday night, Lucic entered the dressing room in an old, faded (and old) Bruins windbreaker from what appeared to be the early 1990s. Lucic conducted his entire session with reporters without making mention of it, but explained the fashion choice afterward.
“Andrew Ference found it, and he wanted to kind of pass it on between the guys,” Lucic said, “so I guess I’m the model for it.”
“It’s Cam [Neely]‘s era,” Lucic said of the style with a laugh. “His team track suits.”
Devotees will remember that Lucic was sporting a fedora following his Nov. 18 hat trick. He said after that game that each player to pick up a hat trick would wear the fedora following the game. Since then, both Patrice Bergeron and Zdeno Chara have celebrated hat tricks — sans headwear.
“I guess I’m the model of the team,” Lucic said of the fact that he starts trends that his teammates may or, more commonly, may not follow. “I have to fashion off all the new stuff.”
The jacket was entertaining, but it certainly wasn’t “new stuff.” It was old.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5