Shawn Thornton ends goal-scoring drought, Bruins tied with Devils after 1
|03.22.11 at 7:43 pm ET|
The once ironically compared players both came up big for their teams in the first period, and after 20 minutes, the Bruins and Devils are tied at one goal apiece.
The Devils opened the game’s scoring on the power play, as Mattias Tedenby hit a wide open Kovalchuk from behind the net and the high-priced winger beat Thomas for his
The Bruins were outshot 16-6 in the period, but they made their third one count. A Dennis Seidenberg wrister from the point was tipped past Martin Brodeur by Shawn Thornton to get the B’s on the board 15:39. It ended the longest goal-scoring drought of the season, one that began after his Feb. 3 tally and lasted 19 games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5