Zdeno Chara scores on power play to give Bruins lead
|03.22.11 at 8:35 pm ET|
The Bruins were plenty to work with in the second period, and they made good on one of the four penalties the Devils took to give them a 2-1 lead entering the third period.
After drawing a Nick Palmieri tripping penalty at 8:08, Zdeno Chara gave the B’s the lead at 8:17 off a nice pass from Milan Lucic. It was the B’s first goal on 5-on-4 play since Feb. 18. The B’s are currently 1-for-3 on the man advantage for the night.
After trailing the Devils in shots on goal by a 12-1 margin at one point in the first period, the B’s battled back in that department and are now being outshot, 24-23. Of course, being on the power play for almost half a period will help to improve those numbers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5