Gregory Campbell drops the gloves with Paul Mara in scoreless second period
|03.24.11 at 8:42 pm ET|
The Bruins and Canadiens skated to a scoreless second period, and with 20 minutes left to play, the B’s lead the Habs, 3-0.
The Bruins didn’t have the best start to the period as they were outshot, 5-2, in the earlygoing after holding a 19-8 shots advantage in the first period.
For the second straight period, the Habs were the more penalized team between the two.Scott Gomez went off for high-sticking Zdeno Chara at 10:40, while chippy play between Mark Recchi and Paul Mara at 12:43 yielded a cross-checking minor for Recchi and a roughing double-minor on Mara. Scott Gomez went off for holding at 17:43.
The game did see its first fight, as Gregory Campbell and Mara dropped the gloves at 19:43.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara