Zdeno Chara has two assists as Bruins lead Habs
|03.24.11 at 7:48 pm ET|
Turns out gloves didn’t need to be dropped in order for the Bruins to make a statement, as they lead the Canadiens, 3-0, after one.
Johnny Boychuk opened the scoring at 1:01, scoring his second goal of the season off a rebound from a Zdeno Chara shot. The B’s captain would also get an assist on Gregory Campbell’s tally, and with Boychuk also assisting, both blueliners have multi-point nights. Nathan Horton scored late in the period on the power play after drawing a high-sticking double-minor from Tomas Plekanec.
There were no fights in the period, and the Habs had two penalties to the Bruins’ one. After a bad turnover in his own zone, Dennis Seidenberg tripped Travis Moen in front of Tim Thomas’ net.With Seidenberg in the box, Chris Kelly had a great shift on the kill, laying out to disrupt a P.K. Subban slapshot and later drawing a Roman Hamrlik hold on a shorthanded bid.
The B’s are outshooting the Habs, 18-9.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time