Zdeno Chara has two assists as Bruins lead Habs
|03.24.11 at 7:48 pm ET|
Turns out gloves didn’t need to be dropped in order for the Bruins to make a statement, as they lead the Canadiens, 3-0, after one.
Johnny Boychuk opened the scoring at 1:01, scoring his second goal of the season off a rebound from a Zdeno Chara shot. The B’s captain would also get an assist on Gregory Campbell’s tally, and with Boychuk also assisting, both blueliners have multi-point nights. Nathan Horton scored late in the period on the power play after drawing a high-sticking double-minor from Tomas Plekanec.
There were no fights in the period, and the Habs had two penalties to the Bruins’ one. After a bad turnover in his own zone, Dennis Seidenberg tripped Travis Moen in front of Tim Thomas’ net.With Seidenberg in the box, Chris Kelly had a great shift on the kill, laying out to disrupt a P.K. Subban slapshot and later drawing a Roman Hamrlik hold on a shorthanded bid.
The B’s are outshooting the Habs, 18-9.
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline