Bruins still trail Rangers entering third period
|03.26.11 at 2:32 pm ET|
The Bruins still have yet to get on the board as the Rangers hold a 1-0 lead entering the third period at TD Garden.
It was almost halfway through the period before the Bruins got their first shot on goal, and the B’s finished the period with six shots.
Penalties seemed to get in the way of any shot at momentum for the B’s, as Mark Recchi went off for hooking at 1:07 and Milan Lucic took a late slashing penalty. With Lucic in the box, the B’s had a shorthanded bid that resulted in Patrice Bergeron crashing into Henrik Lundqvist. The Bruins failed to register a shot on their lone power play, a Marian Gaborik boarding call at 11:31.
- VIDEO: Extended Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Highlights, with Goucher and...
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD