Report: Memory problems plague Marc Savard
|03.27.11 at 12:11 pm ET|
Savard, who was placed on long-term injured reserve in February with his second concussion in less than a year, was last injured on Jan. 22 when he sustained a concussion after being checked into the boards by Matt Hunwick. The injury came after he missed the first 23 games of the 2010-11 season due to post-concussion symptoms stemming from a concussion suffered on March 7, 2010 thanks to a hit from Pittsburgh’s Matt Cooke.
Savard said in February that he didn’t know what his future held.
“I’m not going to make any decision about my future until I get some more medical stuff done,” he said. “I’ve just got to be patient going forward.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5