Bruins, Blackhawks skate to scoreless first period
|03.29.11 at 8:15 pm ET|
The Bruins and Blackhawks skated to a scoreless first period at TD Garden, but both teams have come out with energy Tuesday night.
The Bruins had scoring opportunities from Brad Marchand, who was stopped by Corey Crawford, as well as the third line. There was only one penalty in the period, as Milan Lucic went off for holding.
The Bruins are playing a responsible defensive game thus far, as they have done a good job of getting back and have cleared out the loose pucks in front of Tim Thomas. As a result, the Blackhawks have only five shots on goal. The B’s had 12 in the first.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5