Zdeno Chara and Johnny Boychuk give Bruins 2-0 lead
|03.29.11 at 9:13 pm ET|
Chara fired a wrist shot at a crowded net, and the puck deflected off Chicago defenseman Brian Campbell before sailing past Corey Crawford at 12:02 for his 14th on the season. Just 2:20 later, Mark Recchi dropped a puck off for Boychuk, who beat Crawford from the point. Boychuk now has three goals on the season.
With the assist on Boychuk’s goal, Recchi surpassed Paul Coffey for 12th place in career regular season points with 1,532. Recchi is now 12th all-time.
Shawn Thornton left the ice after being cut above the eye with a skate. He was visibly furious, shoving referee Don VanMassenhoven in an attempt to get to players chirping from the Chicago bench as he skated off.
The Bruins are outshooting the Blackhawks by a 30-17 margin.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara