John Scott says he’ll ‘kick the [expletive]’ out of Shawn Thornton
|03.31.11 at 4:08 pm ET|
Shawn Thornton was not happy after somebody chirped at him from the Chicago bench while he was leaving the ice Tuesday night. Thornton, who was bloodied after getting his face mangled by Fernando Pisani‘s blade, said after the game that he wanted to find out who it was, and has since said that the Blackhawks like to chirp. One Blackhawk took exception to it with some colorful language.
“He can say what he wants,” Blackhawks defenseman John Scott told the Chicago Tribune. “He’s going after some of our littlest guys on our team to start a fight. He’s trying to challenge Pisani to a fight. What’s that say about him?
“He’s Mr. Tough Guy and he’s trying to challenge Pisani. If I’m in the lineup, he’s more than welcome to come chirp at me. I’ll kick the [expletive] out of him.”
Based on what happened on the ice and what Thornton said after the game, Scott’s talk of Thornton picking a fight might be a bit exaggerated. Thornton and Pisani did have words in a scrum earlier, but he said the play in which Pisani’s skate cut his face was a complete accident and that he held no ill feelings toward him after it.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara