|John Scott says he’ll ‘kick the [expletive]‘ out of Shawn Thornton||03.31.11 at 4:08 pm ET|
Shawn Thornton was not happy after somebody chirped at him from the Chicago bench while he was leaving the ice Tuesday night. Thornton, who was bloodied after getting his face mangled by Fernando Pisani‘s blade, said after the game that he wanted to find out who it was, and has since said that the Blackhawks like to chirp. One Blackhawk took exception to it with some colorful language.
“He can say what he wants,” Blackhawks defenseman John Scott told the Chicago Tribune. “He’s going after some of our littlest guys on our team to start a fight. He’s trying to challenge Pisani to a fight. What’s that say about him?
“He’s Mr. Tough Guy and he’s trying to challenge Pisani. If I’m in the lineup, he’s more than welcome to come chirp at me. I’ll kick the [expletive] out of him.”
Based on what happened on the ice and what Thornton said after the game, Scott’s talk of Thornton picking a fight might be a bit exaggerated. Thornton and Pisani did have words in a scrum earlier, but he said the play in which Pisani’s skate cut his face was a complete accident and that he held no ill feelings toward him after it.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET