Maple Leafs lead Bruins after one
|03.31.11 at 7:44 pm ET|
The Maple Leafs came into Boston desperate for a win, and they lead the Bruins 1-0 thanks to some help from a former friend.
As far as the sin bin went, stick penalties by rookies plagued the Bruins. Six seconds after Tyler Seguin was out of the box for hooking, Steven Kampfer took the same penalty. Extracurricular activity at 4:00 left Phil Kessel with minors for slashing and roughing, while Andrew Ference went off for slashing. Seguin would make up for his earlier penalty by drawing a hook from NIkolai Kulemin. The B’s will begin the second period with five seconds remaining on the power play.
After one, the Leafs are outshooting the B’s, 10-8.
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night