Maple Leafs lead Bruins after one
|03.31.11 at 7:44 pm ET|
The Maple Leafs came into Boston desperate for a win, and they lead the Bruins 1-0 thanks to some help from a former friend.
As far as the sin bin went, stick penalties by rookies plagued the Bruins. Six seconds after Tyler Seguin was out of the box for hooking, Steven Kampfer took the same penalty. Extracurricular activity at 4:00 left Phil Kessel with minors for slashing and roughing, while Andrew Ference went off for slashing. Seguin would make up for his earlier penalty by drawing a hook from NIkolai Kulemin. The B’s will begin the second period with five seconds remaining on the power play.
After one, the Leafs are outshooting the B’s, 10-8.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5