Shawn Thornton hopes to return to Bruins lineup vs. Islanders
|04.05.11 at 2:08 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — After missing last the last three games due to stitches above his right eye, Bruins forward Shawn Thornton said he hopes to return to the lineup Wednesday night against the Islanders. The stitches, of which there were approximately 40, will be removed before the game, and Thornton said he just needs medical clearance and the OK from Claude Julien.
“I think so, but I’m not 100 percent [sure],” Thornton said Tuesday of the possibility of him returning.
“We’ll figure it out tomorrow,” Julien said. “He’s day-to-day and that hasn’t changed. We’ll see tomorrow and make a decision on him, whether he’s capable of jumping in our lineup or not.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara