Shawn Thornton hopes to return to Bruins lineup vs. Islanders
|04.05.11 at 2:08 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — After missing last the last three games due to stitches above his right eye, Bruins forward Shawn Thornton said he hopes to return to the lineup Wednesday night against the Islanders. The stitches, of which there were approximately 40, will be removed before the game, and Thornton said he just needs medical clearance and the OK from Claude Julien.
“I think so, but I’m not 100 percent [sure],” Thornton said Tuesday of the possibility of him returning.
“We’ll figure it out tomorrow,” Julien said. “He’s day-to-day and that hasn’t changed. We’ll see tomorrow and make a decision on him, whether he’s capable of jumping in our lineup or not.”
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage