Report: Blackhawks player told Shawn Thornton to ‘get off the [expletive ice]‘
|04.06.11 at 7:32 pm ET|
According to ESPNChicago, Bruins forward Shawn Thornton was yelled at by a Blackhawks player to “get off the ice” as he skated by the Chicago bench last Tuesday upon being cut in the head by Fernando Pisani‘s skate.
Thornton reacted furiously after hearing something the bench and had to be restrained by referee Don VanMassenhoven.
“I heard someone say, ‘Get off the ice, get off the [expletive] ice,’” VanMassenhoven told ESPNChicago. “I don’t know who said it.”
Thornton, who ended up receiving approximately 40 stitches and missing three games, noted after the contest that VanMassenhoven was “pissed” with what was said.
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage