Shawn Thornton scores last-second goal to give Bruins 1-0 lead
|04.06.11 at 7:44 pm ET|
The Bruins took a 1-0 lead in the first period, and all it took was 19:59.9 for them to grab it.
The Bruins’ energy line carried the load in the period, with Shawn Thornton capping the period with his 10th goal of the season. The B’s went on a two-man advantage at 7:03 thanks to penalties drawn by Daniel Paille and Thornton. Paille, who got the primary helper on Thornton’s goal, has had a couple of great chances, though former BU goalie Rick DiPietro has come up big for the Islanders.
In the Bruins’ end, Tim Thomas is making the necessary stops (14 in total). He came up with a big save after Brad Marchand made a bad turnover with a pass in front of his own net.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time