Steve Kampfer suffers injury while playing for Providence
|04.10.11 at 2:25 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Steven Kampfer, sent to Providence for the final three games of the season, left Saturday night’s game against the Springfield Falcons and was reportedly spotted on crutches. The extent of the injury is unknown, though Providence coach Rob Murray did touch on it while speaking with P-Bruins radio announcer Adam Kaufman.
“Steve got tangled up in the neutral zone there earlier in the game with a Springfield player. It’s still being determined what the extent of his injury is, but he came back, he played one shift after that, and he didn’t feel he could go, so we shut him down for the game,” Murray told Kaufman. “Hopefully it’s not too serious.”
Kampfer, 22, is in his first full season in the Bruins’ organization. In 38 games for Boston this season, he totaled five goals and five assists for 10 points and a plus-9 rating.
- Fresh Links: Sneaky Tough Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day