Steve Kampfer suffers injury while playing for Providence
|04.10.11 at 2:25 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Steven Kampfer, sent to Providence for the final three games of the season, left Saturday night’s game against the Springfield Falcons and was reportedly spotted on crutches. The extent of the injury is unknown, though Providence coach Rob Murray did touch on it while speaking with P-Bruins radio announcer Adam Kaufman.
“Steve got tangled up in the neutral zone there earlier in the game with a Springfield player. It’s still being determined what the extent of his injury is, but he came back, he played one shift after that, and he didn’t feel he could go, so we shut him down for the game,” Murray told Kaufman. “Hopefully it’s not too serious.”
Kampfer, 22, is in his first full season in the Bruins’ organization. In 38 games for Boston this season, he totaled five goals and five assists for 10 points and a plus-9 rating.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5