Zdeno Chara talks to Max Pacioretty
|04.12.11 at 2:10 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins captain Zdeno Chara said after Tuesday’s practice that he reached out to injured Canadiens winger Max Pacioretty recently. Chara’s hit along the center boards late in the second period of a game on March 8 caused the rookie Canadiens forward to lose balance and crash face-first into the turnbuckle, landing Pacioretty on the ice with a severe concussion and cracked verterbrae.
“Yes, Yes I did. We talked,” is all Chara would say Tuesday as the Bruins prepare to battle their archrivals again in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs beginning Thursday at TD Garden.
Chara was not penalized by the NHL during the game or after review by the league but Montreal police indicated initially they would investigate the hit and subsequent injury as a criminal matter. But on Monday, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli indicated that the police would not question or arrest Chara when the Bruins return to Montreal for Game 3 on Monday night, the first visit to the Bell Centre since the hit.
The Montreal Gazette reported Tuesday that while hopeful for a return during the playoffs, the Canadiens have ruled Pacioretty out for the first round series against the Bruins.
- Public Skate: Game 4, Bruins 3, Blackhawks 4 - Third Period
- Stanley Cup Final: HNIC Game 4 Intro: Killing it, as usual.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Complete Coverage
- Bruin text messages: a Cup of Chowder exclusive
- 3 Questions with... MightyMikeD of Cheer the Anthem
- Fresh Links: FOURtitude Edition
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Preview: Be the hammer,...