|Tyler Seguin still waiting for his time||04.18.11 at 12:48 pm ET|
MONTREAL — Rookie forward Tyler Seguin wants “more than anything” to be in the Bruins lineup, but it appears that his time in the postseason has still yet to come. Seguin was sporting a black jersey (signifying either a defenseman or a scratch) in the team’s morning skate, and stayed out on the ice a little longer than the regulars.
Seguin was a healthy scratch for the first two games of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. The former OHL star is clearly champing at the bit to get in the lineup, but as long as he isn’t, he is saying the right things.
“Right now I’m just supporting the team, supporting whatever decisions are made if I’m not playing,” Seguin said almost robotically after Monday’s morning said. “If I’m playing, I’m going to be ready. If I’m not playing, I’ve got to do other things to help with the team, whether it’s getting the boys relaxed right now in the pre-game skate, just little things like that, and however I can contribute.”
Coach Claude Julien did not comment on whether there are any lineup changes for Game 3. For those dreaming of a Tuukka Rask start, Tim Thomas was first off the ice in the morning skate.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period