Tyler Seguin still waiting for his time
|04.18.11 at 12:48 pm ET|
MONTREAL — Rookie forward Tyler Seguin wants “more than anything” to be in the Bruins lineup, but it appears that his time in the postseason has still yet to come. Seguin was sporting a black jersey (signifying either a defenseman or a scratch) in the team’s morning skate, and stayed out on the ice a little longer than the regulars.
Seguin was a healthy scratch for the first two games of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. The former OHL star is clearly champing at the bit to get in the lineup, but as long as he isn’t, he is saying the right things.
“Right now I’m just supporting the team, supporting whatever decisions are made if I’m not playing,” Seguin said almost robotically after Monday’s morning said. “If I’m playing, I’m going to be ready. If I’m not playing, I’ve got to do other things to help with the team, whether it’s getting the boys relaxed right now in the pre-game skate, just little things like that, and however I can contribute.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5