Chris Kelly returns to Boston, will play Game 4
|04.20.11 at 1:20 pm ET|
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. — Bruins center Chris Kelly did not practice with Bruins Wednesday at Whiteface Lake Placid Olympic Center, as he returned to Boston to be evaluated by team doctors. Kelly slid head-first into Carey Price’s net as a result of a shove from Scott Gomez with the B’s on a 3-on-1 in the first period of Monday’s Game 3.
“He just went back to Boston to see our doctors, just to make sure everything is OK,” coach Claude Julien said. “We anticipate him back in Montreal with us tonight.”
Kelly stayed in the game and finished the night with 14:35 of ice time. Julien said the third-line center will play Game 4 in Montreal.
“Everything is alright, according to what we know,” Julien said. “There might be a fracture, but it’s nothing that will prevent him from playing.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara