Flyers await Bruins, if the B’s can make it happen
|04.26.11 at 10:51 pm ET|
MONTREAL — The question of whether the Bruins will make it to the Eastern Conference semifinals remains unknown, but their opponent should they win Game 7 has been revealed. The Flyers beat the Sabres, 5-2, in Game 7 of their series to advance to the second round. Should the Bruins beat the Habs in Game 7 Wednesday at TD Garden, they would head to Philadelphia, where they would be hosted by the No. 2 seeded Flyers.
There is painful history between the two clubs for the Bruins, of course. Last season, the teams met in the conference semifinals, and after leading the series three games to none, the B’s let the Flyers win the next four, including a Game 7 in which Boston held a 3-0 lead.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5