Countdown to Game 7, 3 p.m.: Downtown Montreal to be closed off
|04.27.11 at 3:08 pm ET|
The Canadian Press is reporting that the Montreal police will be closing a large stretch of downtown Montreal during Game 7 on Wednesday.
“The police won’t tolerate any mischief or indiscipline from people or fans wanting to celebrate downtown,” Chief Inspector Sylvain Lemay said.
About a half-mile of the downtown will be closed off in an attempt to slow down the rioting that has become almost an annual happening in the city following a Canadiens series. In May of 2010, police were forced to use tear gas to combat fans after Montreal’s Game 7 win over the Penguins. Stores were looted and bottles were thrown at police in the aftermath of the win, leading to 41 arrests.
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3