Countdown to Game 7, 8 a.m.: What they’re saying in Montreal
|04.27.11 at 8:04 am ET|
By now, you likely have read about Game 6 (and 7) from a Boston perspective. But what are they saying in Montreal after the Canadiens’ 2-1 victory Tuesday night?
In the Montreal Gazette, Dave Stubbs writes that Bruins forward Milan Lucic “finally stepped out of invisibility” and “found a way to put his mark” on the series. For those who, like Lucic, disagree with the five-minute major and game misconduct penalty, Stubbs writes that’s “beyond ridiculous.”
Also in the Gazette, Pat Hickey takes Boston Herald writer Stephen Harris to task for criticizing the Canadiens after Game 5 for icing the puck too much. Hickey writes that the Bruins are just as boring and defensive-minded as the Habs. However, Red Fisher writes that this series is an example of what makes hockey beautiful.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season