Countdown to Game 7, 9 a.m.: Only Bruins are to blame for Game 6 loss
|04.27.11 at 9:07 am ET|
However, Don Cherry says the referees played a key role.
Michael Cammalleri, Montreal’s Game 6 (and series) standout, said he was inspired by a pep talk from his father prior to Tuesday night’s game. “Leo Cammalleri, thanks for the pep talk,” the forward said after recording a goal and an assist in the Habs’ 2-1 victory that forced Wednesday night’s Game 7.
Montreal police were “prepared for any eventuality” regarding fan violence heading into Game 6, and the anxiety level has to be increased heading into Game 7. In 2008, after the Canadiens beat the Bruins in the opening round, 15 police cars were torched and several stored were looted, according to the Montreal Gazette. However, CTV.ca writes that Montreal was all smiles after Game 6.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara