|Countdown to Game 7, 9 a.m.: Only Bruins are to blame for Game 6 loss||04.27.11 at 9:07 am ET|
Yahoo! Sports’ Nicholas J. Cotsonika writes that the Bruins are the only ones to blame for this series going to Game 7, and he has some interesting quotes from Milan Lucic prior to Tuesday’s contest.
However, Don Cherry says the referees played a key role.
Michael Cammalleri, Montreal’s Game 6 (and series) standout, said he was inspired by a pep talk from his father prior to Tuesday night’s game. “Leo Cammalleri, thanks for the pep talk,” the forward said after recording a goal and an assist in the Habs’ 2-1 victory that forced Wednesday night’s Game 7.
Montreal police were “prepared for any eventuality” regarding fan violence heading into Game 6, and the anxiety level has to be increased heading into Game 7. In 2008, after the Canadiens beat the Bruins in the opening round, 15 police cars were torched and several stored were looted, according to the Montreal Gazette. However, CTV.ca writes that Montreal was all smiles after Game 6.
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter