Countdown to Game 7, 9 a.m.: Only Bruins are to blame for Game 6 loss
|04.27.11 at 9:07 am ET|
Yahoo! Sports’ Nicholas J. Cotsonika writes that the Bruins are the only ones to blame for this series going to Game 7, and he has some interesting quotes from Milan Lucic prior to Tuesday’s contest.
However, Don Cherry says the referees played a key role.
Michael Cammalleri, Montreal’s Game 6 (and series) standout, said he was inspired by a pep talk from his father prior to Tuesday night’s game. “Leo Cammalleri, thanks for the pep talk,” the forward said after recording a goal and an assist in the Habs’ 2-1 victory that forced Wednesday night’s Game 7.
Montreal police were “prepared for any eventuality” regarding fan violence heading into Game 6, and the anxiety level has to be increased heading into Game 7. In 2008, after the Canadiens beat the Bruins in the opening round, 15 police cars were torched and several stored were looted, according to the Montreal Gazette. However, CTV.ca writes that Montreal was all smiles after Game 6.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5