A year after watching, Brad Marchand hopes Bruins can write ‘own chapter’ vs. Flyers
|04.30.11 at 2:12 pm ET|
PHILADELPHIA — Bruins forward Brad Marchand did not have to suffer last year’s collapse against the Flyers in uniform, but the rookie is happy to be a part of the continuation of what is becoming an interesting playoff rivalry.
“There’s a lot of hype going into this series right now, especially with what happened last year,” Marchand said. “It’s nice just to be here and hopefully we can write our own chapter.”
Marchand scored 21 goals in the regular season, making him one of the bigger additions to this year’s Bruins lineup. After five points in the first round vs. the Canadiens, he hopes to bring the B’s past the Flyers and into the Eastern Conference finals. Last year, however, he could only watch as the B’s blew a 3-0 series lead.
“It was really tough being there watching. Even though I didn’t play, it was tough it was tough watching what was going on and being part of it. we’re really excited this year, and we have a full new crop of guys. We’re pretty excited going into this series.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5