Paul Holmgren confirms: Chris Pronger is out for Game 2
|05.02.11 at 6:06 pm ET|
PHILADELPHIA — Approximately an hour before faceoff for Game 2, Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren confirmed that top defenseman Chris Pronger will be out with an undisclosed injury.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie – on his twitter page – initially reported in the afternoon that Pronger would likely miss the game, with Danny Syvret taking his place. But Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren sent a text out to Philadelphia beat writers that the defenseman was “OK,” leading to speculation that he would play in Game 2.
But minutes later, numerous reports confirmed the Pronger scratch for Game 2.
Pronger missed the last five minutes of Saturday’s Game 1 and was spotted headed up the runway with about two minutes remaining.
The injury is not believed to be related to the broken hand he suffered in the middle of the season, leading to speculation that it is some sort of leg or lower body injury.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara