Adam McQuaid day-to-day with sprained neck
|05.03.11 at 12:45 pm ET|
Defenseman Adam McQuaid is day-to-day with a sprained neck, Claude Julien said Tuesday. McQuaid suffered the injury when he crashed face-first into the boards after missing a check on the Flyers’ Mike Richards in the first period of Monday night’s Game 2 victory in Philadelphia.
McQuaid was taken to an area hospital, but he traveled back to Boston with the team after the game. Julien said all the X-rays on McQuaid have come back negative.
If McQuaid can’t go for Wednesday night’s Game 3, Shane Hnidy would likely be his replacement. Steven Kampfer skated Tuesday for the first time since suffering a knee injury back in April, but Julien said he is “still going to be a while.”
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?