Tim Thomas wants people to keep these games in perspective
|05.16.11 at 1:50 pm ET|
Bruins goalie Tim Thomas offered some perspective on losing Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals to the Lightning on Saturday night. On Monday, following the team’s first full practice since falling behind in the series.
“You think about it but it’s on the outside of your thinking,” Thomas said when asked if he were nervous about Game 2 drawing closer on Tuesday night. “As the game draws closer, you think about it more. We had two days off so naturally, you’re going to be thinking about the game more tonight than [Sunday].
“I think you should get mentally prepared. It can get all-consuming but I don’t think really that’s the right way to go. These hockey games are important, they’re important to us, they’re important to the city but to be realistic, it is just a game. You look around at what’s going on in the world right now, Israel was attacked on numerous fronts yesterday. It can really make you put it in perspective.”
- Stanley Cup Final Quick Recap: Bruins lose 6-5 in OT. See ya Monday, TD...
- Public Skate: Bruins 5 Blackhawks 5 OT TIME Y'ALLLLLLL
- Public Skate: Game 4, Bruins 3, Blackhawks 4 - Third Period
- Stanley Cup Final: HNIC Game 4 Intro: Killing it, as usual.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Complete Coverage
- Bruin text messages: a Cup of Chowder exclusive
- 3 Questions with... MightyMikeD of Cheer the Anthem