A relieved Tim Thomas happy to see B’s play ‘way I’m used to’
|05.20.11 at 12:36 am ET|
TAMPA — Tim Thomas recorded his first shutout of the playoffs Thursday night as the Bruins beat the Lightning, 2-0, Thursday night to take a 2-1 lead in the Eastern Conference finals. Afterward, Thomas credited the result on a return to the defensive system the team has played all season.
“It was kind of a product of the way the game goes in front of me,” Thomas explained. “So I was able to play more under control tonight, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that we played the way that I’m used to. So I felt comfortable in a game like that.”
Thomas turned away all 31 shots in posting his second career playoff shutout. Thomas said David Krejci‘s goal just 69 seconds into the game helped him and the whole team relax and settle into a defensive mindset.
“I think getting the first quick goal definitely helped the whole team,” Thomas added. “And then not just sitting back in the third but going out and getting that second goal made us able to stay relaxed and calm throughout the whole game.”
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...