Tim Thomas: Bolts ‘took over and outplayed us’
|05.21.11 at 5:39 pm ET|
TAMPA — After blowing a 3-0 lead to the Lightning in a 5-3 loss in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals, Tim Thomas said the Bruins were simply a victim of their own mistakes and lack of hustle.
“We got outworked,” Thomas said. “They took over, they outplayed us, they started getting scoring chances and we stopped getting scoring chances.”
Midway through the second, Thomas had a 3-0 lead and stopped the first 14 shots he faced before the Lightning scored on three of their next five shots in the period to tie it. Thomas said it won’t do the Bruins any good to look back on the Game 4 collapse but rather focus on Game 5 Monday night at TD Garden.
“It is what it is,” Thomas said. “It’s 2-2. I don’t know what the use of worrying about that would be but I think the focus should be oin winning the next game.”
Game 6 is scheduled for Wednesday back in Tampa.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara