Guy Boucher won’t reveal Lightning’s starter for Game 5
|05.22.11 at 5:22 pm ET|
Lightning coach Guy Boucher did not reveal who will start between the pipes Monday in speaking with reporters at TD Garden on Sunday. No. 1 goalie Dwayne Roloson has been pulled in two of the last three games and replaced by Mike Smith due to poor play, but the most the coach would offer was that Roloson is “getting ready” for Game 5 in Boston.
Smith, who replaced Roloson after the Bruins jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period Saturday and allowed nothing to the B’s as the Lightning came back for a 5-3 win, said following the victory that he didn’t expect to start Game 5.
“I don't think so,' Smith said Saturday when asked if he thought he’d get the start. 'It's one game. Roli has got us this far and he's played outstanding in the playoffs. I don't doubt that he comes back and plays really well for us. I have no doubt in my mind that he rebounds from a game like this.'
Through 15 games this postseason, Roloson has a 2.51 goals against average and a .925 save percentage to go along with a pair of shutouts.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...