Claude Julien says Johnny Boychuk is ‘fine’
|05.24.11 at 3:53 am ET|
The Bruins got a bit of a scare in the third period of their 3-1 vicctory in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals when Lightning forward Steve Downie took a run at B’s defenseman Johnny Boychuk and sent Boychuk down the tunnel and out of the game. Downie went off for boarding, and though Boychuk didn’t take another shift, the encouraging news was that he made his way back to the bench for the end of the contest. Coach Claude Julien said he did not see the hit, but that the defenseman is OK.
“Johnny is fine,” Julien said. “I haven't had an opportunity to look at it. I haven't watched the video yet. I know some people have, but from what I hear it's not a great hit. I'll maybe save my comments more for after I see it.”
Boychuk logged 16:09 of ice time before leaving after the play, which occured at 10:54 of the third.
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night