Report: Steve Downie won’t be disciplined for Game 5 hit
|05.24.11 at 12:10 pm ET|
Lightning forward Steve Downie will not be suspended for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals, according to a tweet by TSN’s Bob McKenzie. Halfway through the third period of the Bruins’ 3-1 win in Game 5 Monday, Downie slammed Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk in the back, receiving a boarding call for the hit. Boychuk was shaken up and didn’t return to the game, although Bruins coach Claude Julien later acknowledged that the blue-liner was “fine.”
Downie has 40 penalty minutes in 15 playoff games in 2011 and had already received a one-game suspension in these playoffs for leaving his feet on a hit on in the conference quarterfinals against the Penguins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara