Boston Pizzas in British Columbia to change name for finals
|05.28.11 at 12:42 pm ET|
Boston Pizza is a popular pizza chain in Canada, but for the duration of the Stanley Cup finals, the 62 restaurants in the province of British Columbia will change its name to Vancouver Pizza to support the Canucks. As part of the name change, the restaurants will use new logos that include a slash through the name Boston with Vancouver written underneath and the phrase “Proud fans.” (You can see the change on the chain’s web site.)
Back in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, Boston Pizzas in Montreal also changed their logos to say “Montreal Pizza.”
EDIT: The original post said there are no Boston Pizzas in the United States. There are, in fact, several locations, including one in Manchester, Conn. but all are under the name “Boston’s” instead.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5