Boston Pizzas in British Columbia to change name for finals
|05.28.11 at 12:42 pm ET|
Boston Pizza is a popular pizza chain in Canada, but for the duration of the Stanley Cup finals, the 62 restaurants in the province of British Columbia will change its name to Vancouver Pizza to support the Canucks. As part of the name change, the restaurants will use new logos that include a slash through the name Boston with Vancouver written underneath and the phrase “Proud fans.” (You can see the change on the chain’s web site.)
Back in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, Boston Pizzas in Montreal also changed their logos to say “Montreal Pizza.”
EDIT: The original post said there are no Boston Pizzas in the United States. There are, in fact, several locations, including one in Manchester, Conn. but all are under the name “Boston’s” instead.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara