Boston Pizzas in British Columbia to change name for finals
|05.28.11 at 12:42 pm ET|
Boston Pizza is a popular pizza chain in Canada, but for the duration of the Stanley Cup finals, the 62 restaurants in the province of British Columbia will change its name to Vancouver Pizza to support the Canucks. As part of the name change, the restaurants will use new logos that include a slash through the name Boston with Vancouver written underneath and the phrase “Proud fans.” (You can see the change on the chain’s web site.)
Back in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, Boston Pizzas in Montreal also changed their logos to say “Montreal Pizza.”
EDIT: The original post said there are no Boston Pizzas in the United States. There are, in fact, several locations, including one in Manchester, Conn. but all are under the name “Boston’s” instead.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time