Five questions for Bruins national anthem singer Rene Rancourt
|06.01.11 at 1:48 pm ET|
Bruins national anthem singer Rene Rancourt was on hand at Fenway Park Wednesday afternoon to sing the national anthem prior to the Red Sox-White Sox game. WEEI.com caught up with Rancourt before he took to the field.
What do you think of the Bruins’ chances vs. the Canucks?
I try not to think too much because I get nervous when I think.
How do you feel about singing the national anthem at the Stanley Cup finals?
It is a great honor. I have been waiting many years. I’ve been like a bride waiting at the alter for all these years. I have to pinch myself and make sure this is really going on.
Do you do anything special for road games?
I like to listen to other singers. I like competition. It spurs you on to be better.
Who else in the league is good?
I don’t know, I don’t know names. I don’t get that involved.
Who is your favorite player on the Bruins?
I haven’t thought of that. … Tim Thomas, because we’re both old men.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5