|No suspension for Vancouver’s Alex Burrows in biting incident||06.02.11 at 2:57 pm ET|
The NHL has decided not to suspend Vancouver forward Alex Burrows after he apparently bit Boston’s Patrice Bergeron in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals.
“After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron,” said NHL vice president Mike Murphy.
Burrows has denied biting Bergeron, to which the Bruins’ forward said, “Oh yeah, he did. He cut me a little bit on my finger, but I’m not going to complain about it. I’ll let the league do their job, but he sure did [bite me].”
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition