Stanley Cup finals Game 1 gets highest rating in 12 years
|06.02.11 at 4:06 pm ET|
Wednesday’s night’s Bruins-Canucks Stanley Cup finals Game 1 received the highest preliminary rating of any Cup finals opener since 1999. The game, which aired on NBC, earned a 3.2 overnight rating and 6 percent share. Ratings are calculated based on the percentage of all households with televisions that have the program on. Shares are calculated based on the percentage of all households with TVs on at the time of the program.
This year’s ratings were 14 percent higher than last year’s Flyers-Blackhawks matchup and the highest since the Sabres-Stars matchup earned a 3.7 rating a dozen years ago. Sports Media Watch also reported that the Bruins had a 25.5 rating in Boston beating last year’s Game 1 of the NBA finals between the Celtics and Lakers that drew a 19.1 rating.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5