|Stanley Cup finals Game 1 gets highest rating in 12 years||06.02.11 at 4:06 pm ET|
Wednesday’s night’s Bruins-Canucks Stanley Cup finals Game 1 received the highest preliminary rating of any Cup finals opener since 1999. The game, which aired on NBC, earned a 3.2 overnight rating and 6 percent share. Ratings are calculated based on the percentage of all households with televisions that have the program on. Shares are calculated based on the percentage of all households with TVs on at the time of the program.
This year’s ratings were 14 percent higher than last year’s Flyers-Blackhawks matchup and the highest since the Sabres-Stars matchup earned a 3.7 rating a dozen years ago. Sports Media Watch also reported that the Bruins had a 25.5 rating in Boston beating last year’s Game 1 of the NBA finals between the Celtics and Lakers that drew a 19.1 rating.
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...