|Alain Vigneault calls Rich Peverley’s slash on Kevin Bieksa a ‘cheap shot’||06.05.11 at 10:32 pm ET|
Upon his arrival in Boston late Sunday afternoon, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault called Rich Peverley’s slash on Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa in the second period of Saturday’s Game 2 a dirty play.
“Kevin didn’t get hit,” Vigneault said when asked about the Canucks matching the physical play of the Bruins. “He got a cheap shot in the back of the knee, so that’s totally different. He went down by something you don’t want to see in the game. But at the end of the day, we know they’re a big, physical team and we can play a speed game but we can play a physical game, which I think we’ve shown throughout the playoffs.”
Bieksa returned after limping to the bench and no penalty was called on the play. The Canucks outhit the Bruins, 40-31, Game 2 Saturday after the Bruins held a 31-30 advantage in Game 1.
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition
- VIDEO: Extended Highlights of Rangers/Bruins Game 2
- Dear NBC: Time To Acknowledge The AHL
- Monday Morning Skate: LUUUUUUUUUNDQVIIIIIIIIIIST
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition