Alain Vigneault calls Rich Peverley’s slash on Kevin Bieksa a ‘cheap shot’
|06.05.11 at 10:32 pm ET|
Upon his arrival in Boston late Sunday afternoon, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault called Rich Peverley's slash on Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa in the second period of Saturday's Game 2 a dirty play.
'Kevin didn't get hit,' Vigneault said when asked about the Canucks matching the physical play of the Bruins. 'He got a cheap shot in the back of the knee, so that's totally different. He went down by something you don't want to see in the game. But at the end of the day, we know they're a big, physical team and we can play a speed game but we can play a physical game, which I think we've shown throughout the playoffs.'
Bieksa returned after limping to the bench and no penalty was called on the play. The Canucks outhit the Bruins, 40-31, Game 2 Saturday after the Bruins held a 31-30 advantage in Game 1.
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline