Report: Further finger-work will be penalized
|06.07.11 at 4:11 pm ET|
According to a report from ESPN.com, NHL vice president Mike Murphy has told both the Bruins and Canucks that from Game 4 onward, any player waving their fingers or putting their fingers in the mouths of other players will recieve a two-minute penalty and 10-minute misconduct.
Players have taken to the aformentioned actions in wake of Alexandre Burrows biting Patrice Bergeron. The Bruins’ center was facewashing the Canucks’ winger when Burrows bit his finger, and since players have gestured to one another with their fingers. Defenseman Adam McQuaid got in Burrows’ face in Game 2 and asked “are you going to bite me?” and Maxim Lapierre, Milan Lucic and Mark Recchi have since waved their fingers at other players.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara