|Luongo: Lapierre’s goal ‘an easy save for me’||06.11.11 at 5:58 am ET|
VANCOUVER — Some made a big deal of Roberto Luongo taking a shot at Tim Thomas before the series, even though Loungo never did so. Yet after Friday’s Game 5, Luongo may indeed have taken a bit of a dig at his fellow Vezina finalist.
One goal was allowed between both goaltenders, with Maxim Lapierre taking a puck that had bounced off the end boards after a Kevin Bieksa shot and beating Thomas. Asked whether he could make the save, Luongo went back to the series-long trend of talking about whether or not Thomas plays correctly postitionionally.
“It’s not hard if you’re playing in the paint,” Luongo said of the difficulty of the play. “It’s an easy save for me, but if you’re wandering out and aggressive like he does, that’s going to happen. He might make some saves that I won’t, but in a case like that, we want to take advantage of a bounce like that and make sure we’re in a good position to bury those.”
Luongo picked up his fourth shutout of the postseason Friday.
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.