|Force on D&C: Canucks fans ‘in for a hostile situation’||06.13.11 at 7:52 am ET|
The man who goes by the name of Force, half of the Green Men duo, joined the Dennis & Callahan show Monday morning as he prepared to head to the airport in Vancouver for his flight to Boston for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals.
Force, who dresses up in a green spandex bodysuit to cheer on his team and taunt the opposition, said 90 percent of Bostonians treated the Green Men well during their previous visit (watch the video here), but the other 10 percent “made up for it” by antagonizing him and his partner, Sully. He expects a similar reaction Monday night.
Said Force: “I think win or lose, Bruins fans are going to intensify their hatred toward us. I fully expect it. … They definitely made it known we are not welcome for Games 3 and 4, so I can only imagine it’s going to be worse tonight.”
Force and Sully are on a direct flight to Boston with about 50 other fans. Cautioned Force of his fellow Canucks backers: “I hope they are well aware that if they weren’t there for 3 and 4, they’re in for a hostile situation.”
Asked for a prediction on Game 6, Force did not voice any confidence.
“The Canucks are so hit-and-miss on the road and the Bruins have been so dominant in TD Garden,” he said. “To be honest, I think the Canucks will have a hard time winning tonight. … I’m hoping the Canucks pull it out, but it’s going to be tough.”
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET