- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -

Force on D&C: Canucks fans ‘in for a hostile situation’

Posted By Jerry Spar On June 13, 2011 @ 7:52 am In General | No Comments

The man who goes by the name of Force, half of the Green Men duo, joined the Dennis & Callahan show Monday morning as he prepared to head to the airport in Vancouver for his flight to Boston for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup [1] finals.

Force, who dresses up in a green spandex bodysuit to cheer on his team and taunt the opposition, said 90 percent of Bostonians treated the Green Men well during their previous visit (watch the video here [2]), but the other 10 percent “made up for it” by antagonizing him and his partner, Sully. He expects a similar reaction Monday night.

Said Force: “I think win or lose, Bruins fans are going to intensify their hatred toward us. I fully expect it. ‘€¦ They definitely made it known we are not welcome for Games 3 and 4, so I can only imagine it’s going to be worse tonight.”

Force and Sully are on a direct flight to Boston with about 50 other fans. Cautioned Force of his fellow Canucks backers: “I hope they are well aware that if they weren’t there for 3 and 4, they’re in for a hostile situation.”

Asked for a prediction on Game 6, Force did not voice any confidence.

“The Canucks are so hit-and-miss on the road and the Bruins have been so dominant in TD Garden,” he said. “To be honest, I think the Canucks will have a hard time winning tonight. ‘€¦ I’m hoping the Canucks pull it out, but it’s going to be tough.”

To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page [3]. For more Bruins news, visit the team page at weei.com/bruins [4].

Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com

URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/06/13/force-on-dc-canucks-fans-in-for-a-hostile-situation/

URLs in this post:

[1] Stanley Cup: http://media.weei.com/hockey/stanley-cup.htm

[2] watch the video here: http://www.weei.com/home/audio-video-demand/video-library?bcpid=35377140001&bckey=AQ%7E%7E,AAAAAFqWQUE%7E,yUWCxg2gZma84T3h7aGFXjO67ZobAuTU&bclid=1612710147&bctid=985679397001

[3] Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page: http://audio.weei.com/weei/dennis_and_callahan.htm?resultType=media&media=audio

[4] weei.com/bruins: http://www.weei.com/teams/bruins/home

[5] > Force on D&C: Canucks fans ‘in for a hostile situation’" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/06/13/force-on-dc-canucks-fans-in-for-a-hostile-situation/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share

[6]  : #disqus_thread

Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.