Game 6 countdown, 6 p.m.: Inside the numbers
|06.13.11 at 6:00 pm ET|
With Game 6 fast approaching here are a few notable statistics regarding the series and Stanley Cup finals history that could play a role in Monday night’s game:
- The team that has scored first has won each of the first five games of the series.
- The last time the home team won every game of the Stanley Cup finals was in 2003 when the Devils beat the Ducks in seven games.
- The Bruins are 7-0 in the playoffs when Brad Marchand scores.
- Since 1989, six Stanley Cup finals series have been won in six games. All of the clinching games have been won on the road.
- The last four times a team won the Stanley Cup in Game 6, all games were decided by one goal, with three games going into overtime.
- Only two teams since 1939 have won Games 6 and 7, with Game 7 being on the road in the Stanley Cup finals. They are the Canadians in 1971 and the Penguins in 2009.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5