- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Game 6 countdown, 6 p.m.: Inside the numbers
Posted By Ryan Hannable On June 13, 2011 @ 6:00 pm In General | No Comments
With Game 6 fast approaching here are a few notable statistics regarding the series and Stanley Cup  finals history that could play a role in Monday night’s game:
- The team that has scored first has won each of the first five games of the series.
- The last time the home team won every game of the Stanley Cup finals was in 2003 when the Devils beat the Ducks in seven games.
- The Bruins are 7-0 in the playoffs when Brad Marchand  scores.
- Since 1989, six Stanley Cup finals series have been won in six games. All of the clinching games have been won on the road.
- The last four times a team won the Stanley Cup in Game 6, all games were decided by one goal, with three games going into overtime.
- Only two teams since 1939 have won Games 6 and 7, with Game 7 being on the road in the Stanley Cup finals. They are the Canadians in 1971 and the Penguins  in 2009.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/06/13/game-6-countdown-6-p-m-inside-the-numbers/
URLs in this post:
 Stanley Cup: http://media.weei.com/hockey/stanley-cup.htm
 Brad Marchand: http://media.weei.com/hockey/brad-marchand.htm
 Penguins: http://media.weei.com/hockey/pittsburgh-penguins.htm
 > Game 6 countdown, 6 p.m.: Inside the numbers" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/06/13/game-6-countdown-6-p-m-inside-the-numbers/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.