|Game 6 countdown, 11 a.m.: Johnny Canuck video makes rounds||06.13.11 at 11:01 am ET|
The cinematic YouTube tale of “Johnny Canuck” is trending in Canada, and a Huffington Post article Monday morning is sure to boost its U.S. popularity leading up to Monday’s Game 6.
The video tells the history of Johnny Canuck, a Canadian mountain man who has suffered at the hands of rangers, islanders and years of incompetence, only to rise above everyone to face off against the bruins (played by an actual bear) for the chance to win it all.
The video, originally published Thursday, was directed by and stars Adam MacKay-Smith, the force behind British Columbia-based entertainment company Sugar High Entertainment.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, Third Period. FINISH THEM.
- Bruins vs. Rangers Game 5 Preview: Please close this out
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep