Micheal Ryder hopes Bruins ‘rain on that parade’
|06.13.11 at 12:00 pm ET|
Word emerged Sunday that the Canucks had reportedly attempted to sell the television rights to their parade in celebration of a Stanley Cup victory. Given that Vancouver is still one win away from claiming the Cup, the premature attempt at selling the right (which they could not) would seem like perfect motivation for the Bruins as they look to take Game 6 at the Garden Monday night and force a seventh game.
“I don’t know what to say to that,” winger Michael Ryder said with a laugh after Monday’s morning skate when asked about the Canucks’ preparations. “That’s what they did, and that’s what they want to do, and we want to rain on that parade and make sure that it doesn’t happen, maybe use it to our advantage a little bit and make sure that doesn’t happen.”
Players throughout the B’s room agreed that the ultimate goal is to keep the Stanley Cup in its case Monday, as it will be at the Garden. They’d much rather it head to Vancouver without having been awarded to anyone.
“We know what he have to do tonight: just win this game tonight, and then you never know. We’d go to Vancouver and play there Wednesday.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5