Game 7 countdown, 1 p.m.: Inside the numbers
|06.15.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
With the Stanley Cup finals clincher getting closer, here are a few statistics worth noting about Game 7:
– The home team is 12-3 all-time in Game 7s in the Stanley Cup finals.
– Canadian teams are 4-0 all-time at home in Game 7s during the Stanley Cup finals.
– The Canucks have won six straight games at home. They had two streaks of six straight wins at home during the regular season but never got to seven straight.
– No team has ever won three Game 7s in the same playoff year.
– The Bruins have never won a Game 7 on the road in any playoff series. They are 0-4, with the last loss coming against the Canadiens in 2008.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5