The day after the cup, 11 a.m.: Tim Thomas joins list of goalies to win Conn Smythe
|06.16.11 at 11:03 am ET|
Bill Ranford won it in 1990 with the Oilers, Patrick Roy won it in 1993 and in 2001, and he also won it back in 1986. Red Wings goaltender Mike Vernon captured it in 1996. Only one goaltender won the award even though their team lost in the Stanley Cup Finals, Jean-SÃ©bastien GiguÃ¨re earned it in 2003 when the Ducks of Anaheim lost to the Devils. Cam Ward was the last goalie to win the award with the Hurricanes in 2006.
Seven centers, four defensemen and one winger were the other positions to win the award in that span. Since the award was originated in 1964 there have now been 14 goaltenders have win the award.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara