The day after the Cup, 11:45 a.m.: Boston ratings break records
|06.16.11 at 11:47 am ET|
According to Austin Karp, Asst. Managing Editor of Sports Business Daily, the Bruins-Canucks Game 7 Wednesday night earned a 5.7 rating overnight, which tied the 2003 Devils-Ducks finale as best Stanley Cup Game 7 overnight on record. It also tied for the second best Stanley Cup overnight in 37 years. It was tied with last year’s Blackhawks-Flyers Game 6.
The ratings were even better in Boston. According to Bruce Allen, Boston Sports Media Watch, the game earned a 43.4 rating locally with a 64 share. It’s the best overnight on record for a hockey game in Boston.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara