|The day after the cup, 12:00 p.m.: No injury talk from Ryan Kesler||06.16.11 at 12:01 pm ET|
After Game 7 Canucks forward Ryan Kesler, who was rumored to have a groin injury, would not discuss any injuries or use them as an excuse. “I’m not going to sit here and complain about injuries,” he said. “I was out there. I gave it everything I had tonight and I’m proud of that, I’m proud of the guys that were in this dressing room. It’s disappointing, but we are going to stick together through this one.
Kesler did give the Bruins credit for their victory, especially Tim Thomas. “We had our shots, we definitely had our shots,” he said. “Thomas played great. He stopped everything he needed to. They are a good team. They didn’t get here by chance, we didn’t get here by chance. Game 7, anything can happen. We had a chance to put them away in their building [in Game 6] and we didn’t.”
“It’s hard to swallow, it’s emotional, it’s tough. Hopefully we can reflect on this for a couple of days and get over it,” Kesler said.
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.
- P-Bruins Game 7 Preview: Well, here we are.
- OTBH: Most Dangerous Lead in Hockey
- Just how bad WAS the Bartkowski and Seidenberg trade with Florida?
- Fresh Links: Yippee Paille Edition