The day after the cup, 12:00 p.m.: No injury talk from Ryan Kesler
|06.16.11 at 12:01 pm ET|
After Game 7 Canucks forward Ryan Kesler, who was rumored to have a groin injury, would not discuss any injuries or use them as an excuse. “I’m not going to sit here and complain about injuries,” he said. “I was out there. I gave it everything I had tonight and I’m proud of that, I’m proud of the guys that were in this dressing room. It’s disappointing, but we are going to stick together through this one.
Kesler did give the Bruins credit for their victory, especially Tim Thomas. “We had our shots, we definitely had our shots,” he said. “Thomas played great. He stopped everything he needed to. They are a good team. They didn’t get here by chance, we didn’t get here by chance. Game 7, anything can happen. We had a chance to put them away in their building [in Game 6] and we didn’t.”
“It’s hard to swallow, it’s emotional, it’s tough. Hopefully we can reflect on this for a couple of days and get over it,” Kesler said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5